METANX® is indicated for the distinct nutritional requirements of individuals with endothelial dysfunction who present with loss of protective
sensation and neuropathic pain associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy.2-7
METANX® is indicated for the distinct nutritional requirements of patients with endothelial dysfunction and/or hyperhomocysteinemia who present with lower extremity ulceration(s).8-11
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
The usual adult dose may be taken as one capsule twice daily (1 capsule B.I.D.); or two capsules once daily (2 capsules QD); or as directed under medical supervision.
METANX® is a prescription medical food for use only under the supervision of a physician.
METANX® Bottle of 90 Product Code # 00525-8049-90*. Use under medical supervision.
METANX® Bottle of 180 Product Code # 00525-8049-18*. Use under medical supervision.
Each METANX® capsule has an opaque caramel cap and opaque white body. It is imprinted with “Metanx” in red ink on the body.
Store at controlled room temperature 15°C to 30°C (59°F to 86°F) (See USP). Protect from heat, light and moisture.
*Alfasigma USA, Inc. does not represent these product codes to be National Drug Codes (NDC). Product codes are formatted according to standard industry practice, to meet the formatting requirements of pharmacy and health insurance computer systems.
2. Verhaar M.C., et al. Circulation 1998;97:237-241.
3. Van Etten R.W., et al. Diabetologia 2002;45:1004-1010.
4. Romerio S.C., et al. Atherosclerosis 2004;176:337-344.
5. Walker MJ Jr, et al. Rev Neurol Dis 2010;7(4):132-139.
6. Jacobs AM, Cheng D. J Diabetes Mellitus. 2013;3(3):134-138.
7. Li G. Beijing Methylcobal Clinical Trial Collaborative Group. Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 1999;38(1):14-17.
8. Ambrosch A. et al. Diabet Med. 2001;18:185-192.
9. Veves A., et al. Diabetes 1998;47:457-463.
10. Boykin J.V. Jr. Vascular Disease Management 2007;2(1):1-8.
11. Boykin J.V. Jr., Byalis C.Wounds 2006;18(4):101-116.
Distributed by: Alfasigma USA, Inc. Covington, LA 70433. Revised: Feb 2017