For eradication of scabies (Sarcoptes scabiei) and for symptomatic treatment
of pruritic skin.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
In Scabies: Thoroughly massage into the skin of the whole body
from the chin down, paying particular attention to all folds and creases. A
second application is advisable 24 hours later. Clothing and bed linen should
be changed the next morning. A cleansing bath should be taken 48 hours after
the last application.
In Pruritus: Massage gently into affected areas until medication
is completely absorbed. Repeat as needed.
LOTION: Shake well before using.
DIRECTIONS FOR PATIENTS WITH SCABIES:
- Take a routine bath or shower. Thoroughly massage Eurax (crotamiton cream, lotion) cream or lotion
into the skin from the chin to the toes including folds and creases.
- Put Eurax (crotamiton cream, lotion) cream or lotion under fingernails after trimming the fingernails
short, because scabies are very likely to remain there. A toothbrush can be
used to apply the Eurax (crotamiton cream, lotion) cream or lotion under the fingernails. Immediately
after use, the toothbrush should be wrapped in paper and thrown away. Use
of the same brush in the mouth could lead to poisoning.
- A second application is advisable 24 hours later.
- This 60 gram tube or bottle is sufficient for two applications.
- Clothing and bed linen should be changed the next day. Contaminated clothing
and bed linen may be dry-cleaned, or washed in the hot cycle of the washing
- A cleansing bath should be taken 48 hours after the last application.
Eurax (crotamiton USP)
Cream: 60g tubes (NDC 0072-2103-60; NSN 6505-00-116-0200).
Lotion: 60g (2 oz.) bottles (NDC 0072-2203-60, NSN 6505-01-153- 4423).
454g (16 oz.) bottles (NDC 0072-2203-16).
SHAKE WELL before using.
Store at room temperature.
Keep out of reach of children.
Westwood-Squibb Pharmaceuticals, Inc. A Bristol-Myers Squibb
Company, Princeton, NJ 08543, USA. FDA Rev date: 6/26/2003