THE MEDICA NETWORK OF INDEPENDENT PUBLISHER WEBSITES
Effective November 8, 2011
Welcome to the Medica network of independently-owned publisher websites (the “Network”). UBM Medica LLC (“Medica” or “we”) operates certain aspects of the Network to support member sites, giving each site and its advertisers more visibility across a wider community of doctors and medical professionals. The Network also gives you a single source for email newsletters from Network members and easy access to gated content on any member site during a single log on.
- The Network will also collect aggregate data about how visitors access this site and other sites in the Network and will arrange ad serving across the Network as described in this policy.
Information the Network Collects About You
The Network collects the following data about you:
- The Network relies on a session cookie to recognize you. Once you have provided your user name and password on one website within the Network, the cookie will recognize you as you navigate to other websites within the Network.
- The Network relies on cookies to collect aggregate statistics about how Network publishers’ sites are visited. These cookies do not identify you as an individual.
- The Network will use beacons and associated cookies to track newsletter open rates on an aggregate basis.
- The Network arranges for other companies, called third party ad servers, to serve ads that appear on Network sites, although the publisher may continue to arrange its own advertising as well. Please see the information under “Your Choices” for details about the online advertising served to Network member websites.
How Information About You Is Used
The Network uses data about you in the following ways:
- To allow you to move across member sites with a single sign in.
- To understand how people use Network sites, on an aggregate basis.
- To deliver the email newsletters that you request or that may be of interest to you.
- For any additional purpose we disclose to you when you give the data to us.
You may opt out of any publisher’s email newsletters by following the directions at the bottom of the newsletter or visiting the Network preference page here, [https://member.cmpmedica.com/index.php]
You may use the tools in your browser to block or remove cookies, including the cookies we use for aggregate reporting across the Network. These cookies do not identify you as an individual and help provide advertising revenues to support the sites that you visit.
The session cookie that recognizes you across the Network once you have signed in expires once you logoff you computer after visiting Network sites.
The following third party ad serving companies serve ads to Network publisher web sites:
Each ad server offers a way to opt out of targeting based on the cookies it uses to serve ads. Please review the privacy links for each, included here, to learn more or use opt out mechanisms.
Many of the third party ad serving companies that serve ads to our websites are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (https://www.Networkadvertising.org/). The NAI offers useful information and a single place to turn off ad serving from all its members.
Online advertising technologies and practices, including behavioral advertising, are evolving. We may add to this list of third party servers from time to time without changing the effective date on this policy. Please check here periodically.
Disclosure of Information About You
The Network does not otherwise disclose the information it collects about you to others except:
- to protect assets or rights,
- in response to valid legal process,
- to vendors that process data on our behalf, or
- as part of a merger or an acquisition by or other transfer to a third party of some or all of our business assets.
As Network operator, we use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect personal information that we collect in our Network operations against theft, loss, or misuse. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or storage can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information about you and your professional interests, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you submit to us, and you do so at your own risk. You remain responsible for protecting your user name and passwords and for the security of information in transit to us over the Internet.
We may change the provisions of this policy at any time.
If you have questions about this policy or its use, please contact us at [email protected].
UBM Medica LLC
c/o General Counsel
240 West 35th Street
New York, NY 10001